The Waterchip has now been running without a reset for 48 hours! As it turns out it was a faulty channel on a relay board that caused the problem. The kickback simply caused a power ripple that reset the device.
The last “24 hour” ph report:
Waterchip sporting a humidity/temperature sensor, an LCD, a micro-sd card and an ethernet port.
On reset the LCD shows the set ip adress. The same adress is also sent over serial if no LCD is available.
Waterchip 1.0 is a one man project aimed to automation of hydroponics systems. using the Arduino MEGA platform. When finished the system will:
- Read temperature and humidity
- Read and adjust ph up and down
- Read water (float switch and sonar) and add water to a reservoir when needed
- Detect light on/off (in case of faulty timers)
- Log ph, temperature and humidity to micro sd-card
- Serve a web page with control functions, last 24 hrs graphs and so on
- Support export to a real time full screen control program
- Show data on an optional lcd-screen